Next-generation direct response marketing is based on getting a relevant message to the customer or prospect at the right time, using the most appropriate communication channel.
The key marketing channels in the First Name Basis cross-media platform are
- Direct Mail to existing customers and new prospects. These are targeted, personalized and/or versioned, highly relevant response–oriented mail pieces that reinforce and anchor the marketer’s message and brand.
- Personalized email to existing customers and referrals. These are tightly integrated into the overall campaign, and are also highly relevant personalized & versioned response–oriented messages.
- Personal Response Links (PRLs or Personal URLs) link the online and offline campaigns together to provide a pull channel to the program. The personal web sites are tailored to each prospect or customer, and reinforce the current content, offer & creative. They provide a deep user experience with multiple personalized pages, and the system tracks and stores users responses for automatic follow up.
- Alternative media channels can easily be added, to support technologies like piloted voicemail, handwritten follow-up, telemarketing, customized broadcast ads, package fulfillment and dimensional mail.
These channels are organized into a series of campaigns that can be triggered by
- time or season
- a life event for the prospect
- an inquiry to the web site
- a noteworthy event or announcement
- a contact from the sales or customer service staff
- other activity or input that's linked to the system